Designed and manufactured here at FTY Racing in Michigan, our DSM Aluminum Door Hinges are designed to replace your OEM hinges and are for use on composite doors in race applications. We designed them for the DSM, but it’s likely they will fit on other vehicles. As we find those out, we will add them to this list.
Have you dumped all the weight you can out of your race car? The factory hinges weigh 1.7 pounds per door. These hinges weigh about 50% of the stock hinges.
Our door hinge kits come with the following:
- Two driver side door mounts that bolt to the OEM door locations.
- Two driver side chassis mounts that bolt to the chassis door frame in the OEM location.
- Two passenger side door mounts that bolt to the OEM door locations.
- Two passenger side chassis mounts that bolt to the chassis door frame in the OEM location.
- Machined bronze bushings made from 936 bronze. This bronze is also called bearing bronze, which is used to make bearings and bushings in many applications.
- 8mm precision ground pins made of steel to ensure trouble-free rotation of the hinges.
These are designed for those serious about weight reduction in dedicated race-only vehicles.
Please Note: These are under design right now, we are targeting having them available for purchase in the summer of 2018. If you’d like to be notified when they’re available, please click on the Join Waitlist button below and we will notify you when they’re available for purchase!
We’re also working through available options and variations of the door hinges at this time. We’re targeting offering a complete set, but many people may not need to have fully removable door hinges on both doors on their car, so we’re open to hearing what DSMers needs are. Please reach out to us and let us know what you’d like to see!